Re: Relative path in CPPFLAGS and distcheck (fwd)

From: Robert Lowe
Subject: Re: Relative path in CPPFLAGS and distcheck (fwd)
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:25:05 -0600

Daniel Reed wrote:
On 2004-12-04T21:11-0600, Robert Lowe wrote:
)  > CPPFLAGS="${srcdir}/includes"
)  > AC_SUBST(CPPFLAGS)
) No, that didn't quite do it, even with -I.  It substitutes './includes',
) and caused the next AC_CHECK_LIB() to fail, which I found curious.  I
) also tried abs_top_builddir, but that was null.

CPPFLAGS="${top_srcdir}/includes"

CPPFLAGS="-I${top_srcdir}/includes" did not work.  Null.

 or

CPPFLAGS="${srcdir}/../includes"

CPPFLAGS="-I${srcdir}/../includes"

Just as CPPFLAGS="-I../includes", this worked for everything but
distcheck.  On one occasion, it resulted in:

gcc: ../includes: linker input file unused because linking not done
cc1: ../includes: No such file or directory
cc1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,

...but I haven't been able to reproduce this since.

But the "normal" failure is for a specific header file which is
generated from the ac_create_stdint_h macro.  Its target is
simply includes/_stdint.h, so perhaps this needs to change.
I tried ${srcdir}/includes/_stdint.h.  It certainly doesn't
end up in _build/includes, where I am guessing it is supposed
to be for distcheck.

-Robert

(top_srcdir is $(dirname $0) from when configure was run)