Re: preset output variables

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: preset output variables
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:49:30 +0100

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:05:56AM +0100, wolfgang haefelinger wrote:
>  Variable: srcdir
>  The relative path to the directory that contains the
>  sourcecode for that `Makefile'.

yes, you are right, it's not always relative.
It depends on the way you call configure.  If you call

        ../pkg-1.2.3/configure

you get a relative path, at least on my host (bash on GNU/Linux), while by

        /home/me/tests/pkg-1.2.3/configure

you end up with an absolute path.

Perhaps ths documentation should say that the path ``may be relative''.

Regards,
        Stepan Kasal