Re: Can't detect OpenEXR

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Can't detect OpenEXR
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:23:15 +0100

Hi,

a second answer, sorry:

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 10:52:54PM -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> AC_MSG_CHECKING(for openexr support)

you don't need this.  You'd have to add AC_MSG_RESULT later...

> [...] OpenEXR is a C++ library, not C.

Then you should switch to AC_LANG(C++) before these tests.

Please also note that AC_CHECK_LIB adds ``-lIlmImf'' to the LIBS variable,
so you may replace the OPENEXR_LIBS variable by testing for the libraries
z, Half, Iex, Imath, IlmImf, in that order, if whole your project is linked
with the library.  OTOH, if it is not, you should do something so that
-lIlmImf doesn't get into LIBS, perhaps omit the AC_CHECK_LIB test, the
header may be taken as evidence that the library is installed.

I hope my advices will help, though I'm just guessing because I don't have
enough experience.

Regards,
        Stepan Kasal