Re: AS_EXECUTABLE_P again

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: AS_EXECUTABLE_P again
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:28:45 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:21:44AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> How about portability of "test -d" being applied to "special
> files" (char/block device files, pipes/sockets, soft/hard links to
> directories/files etc.)?

so the question is:

If I change AS_EXECUTABLE_P the proposed way, it may succeed on
executable special file (fifo, device file, etc.) does it mind?
Wdyt?

Regarding symlinks, we currently rely on the fact that `test -f' succeeds
on a symlink to a regular file.  So I see no problem if we start to rely
on the fact that `test -d' fails on that symlink.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan