Re: enable/disable configure options for subpackages

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: enable/disable configure options for subpackages
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:36:48 -0400

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 04:57:06PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:50:08AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > Is there a way to pass in --disable-shared to the AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS?
>
> I looked into the source (status.m4, general.m4), and it seems that all
> --enable-*
> arguments are propagated to the subconfigures.
>
> Thus --disable-shared should be propagated automatically.  Have you tried it?
>
> (If your configure.ac doesn't declare an enable option, the generated
> configure script
> will silently ignore it; try ./configure --enable-foo=bar.)

If I do ./configure --disable-shared on CGDB's configure script then
readline also get's that information and will not build the shared
libraries.

Now I somehow need to make configure think I was invoked this way.
So that readline get's invoked this way. Is there some global I can set
in the CGDB configure.in, or macro to call, to set the option internally?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi