Re: How to let autoconf NOT include ($CFLAGS) in LINK?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: How to let autoconf NOT include ($CFLAGS) in LINK?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:33:39 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 07:29:51AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I checked that the ($CFLAGS)
> directive was also present in Makefile.in, so I guess that rules out an
> automake issue then.

no, that was Automake who wrote Makefile.in.  So yes, all issues we discuss in
this thread are automake issues.

> AC_SUBST(CFLAGS, "-g -O -Wall -ansi")

It was already said that you shouldn't use AC_SUBST([CFLAGS]) nor
AC_SUBST([LDFLAGS]); this is explained in the Automake manual.

> synop_zzz_LDADD = @top_srcdir@/generic/libgeneric.la

All AC_SUBST variables are also available as make variables, so you
can use
        synop_zzz_LDADD = $(top_srcdir)/generic/libgeneric.la

And it's actually considered better style.

Have a niec day,
        Stepan