Beginners q. on aotoconf and automake

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Beginners q. on aotoconf and automake
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:37:20 +0200

I am trying co set up an open source library based on the GNU Autotools, so it will build a C++ version of the library as well. I wonder what is necessary to do to support this. My C++ files are defined like this:
//File test.cp
#define LIB_COMPILE_AS_CPLUSPLUS
#include "test.c"

Then in the headers I changed the following:

#ifdef __cpluplus
#define BEGIN_DECLS extern "C" {
#define END_DECLS }
#else

To this:
#ifdef __cpluplus
# ifdef LIB_COMPILE_AS_CPLUSPLUS
#  define BEGIN_DECLS
#  define END_DECLS
# else
#  define BEGIN_DECLS extern "C" {
#  define END_DECLS }
# endif
#else

Now I wan't to do necessary modifications to the build infrastrucuture to support this. I obviously need to modify configure.ac and the several instances of Makefile.am to do this. By the way, the library I'm trying to build this way is the GSL numerical library.

"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"