Basic problem with autoheader: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.

From: Hossein Mobahi
Subject: Basic problem with autoheader: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I run "Linux 2.6.11-gentoo-r11 x86_64" and get he
following error when issuing "autoheader":
autoheader-2.59: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in
configure.in
The first five lines of my "configure.in" are as
follows:
AC_PREREQ(2.5)
AC_INIT(test, [1.0], address@hidden)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([main.c])

I am using AM_CONFIG_HEADER and not AC_CONFIG_HEADERS
because I want to use automake and autoconf. I even
issued a "aclocal" and then tried "autoheader" again,
but it did not help. I appreciate any help about what
the problem is and how to fix it.

Thnx

--Hossein

have got stuck in using autoheader for my project:
 I have just started learning autoconf