Re: Startup problems

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Startup problems
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:37:24 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 08:15:26AM -0600, Daryl Lee wrote:
> It wasn't, but it is now :).  I referred to "the Goat Book" by Vaughan,
> Elliston, Tromey, and Taylor, published by New Riders and online at
> http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html.

that book was written when the latest versions were Autoconf 2.13 and
Automake 1.4.

But the next releases, Autoconf 2.50 and Automake 1.5, were quite
revolutional and introduced big incompatibilities.

So it's definitely better to use the tutorial by Alexandre, the Automake
maintainer.

Happy hacking,
        Stepan Kasal