acinclude.m4 help?

From: Jason Gerfen
Subject: acinclude.m4 help?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:40:23 -0600

I am pretty sure I am doing this according to the manual pages but it is still not working. I am attempting to modify an existing acinclude.m4 file to include some functionality I wrote into an existing shared object.

Now that I have tested the functionality of that code I am attempting to allow easier configuration through the ./configure shell script.

Here is the bit I am adding, but when I run aclocal, autoconf, automake the option does not appear in the ./configure --help menu, nor does it link against the -lldap libs. Any help, pointers, tips, tutorials are appreciated.

acinclude.m4

dnl
dnl --enable-ldap
dnl
AC_DEFUN(PKRB5_CHECK_LDAP,
[
       AC_ARG_ENABLE(ldap,[
       Optional LDAP Support: *NEW
         --enable-ldap          Enable ldap support for non-local users
(requires OpenLDAP libraries @ http://www.openldap.org and configuration of the /etc/pam_krb5+ldap.conf file.)], [enable_ldap="$enableval"], [enable_ldap="no"])

       if test "$enable_ldap" = "yes"; then
AC_DEFINE(_LIBLDAP,1,[Define if you require OpenLDAP support.]) AC_CHECK_HEADER(ldap.h, :, AC_MSG_ERROR(ldap.h not found! Please install the OpenLDAP libraries from openldap.org.))
               LIBS="-lldap $ac_save__LIBS"
               _LIBLDAP=yes
       fi
])dnl