Re: AC_FOREACH public?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: AC_FOREACH public?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:17:33 -0700

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Keith MARSHALL wrote:
> > Great, if you aren't compelled, by your corporate IT department,
> > to use an unconfigurable lemon like Lotus Notes.

I have sympathy for you, but only to a small extent because what you
are forced to do at your work clearly should be not be held as binding
to others.

Why not use any of the free mail services available on the 'net?  Most
can be access from corporate networks.  That would solve your problem
of being forced to use a particular mailer.

> off-topic reply:
> It's also possible to subscribe with several email addresses but
> only actually enable receiving to one, so that mailman knows "who
> you are" for each of the addresses which you might send from or set

The gnu.org mailing lists are open lists.  It is not necessary to be
subscribed to post messages.  So at least at this time it is not
necessary to be subscribed at all if you read the messages by other
means.

> I would be quite happy if this discussion about mailing list stuff could
> move somewhere where it's on-topic, by the way.  savannah has some
> resources for this, I believe.

Yes, but every so often this discussion just needs to happen so that
we can all wonder why people continue to use broken mailers year after
year.  And actually I can't think of a good alternative savannah list
or other that would be appropriate for this discussion.  It is
basically offtopic everywhere.

Bob