config.h and using @VAR@

From: Peter Teuben
Subject: config.h and using @VAR@
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:54:49 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to use a config.h that not only has been processed by
AC_CONFIG_HEADER but also via AC_CONFIG_FILE + AC_OUTPUT, purely
because i also wanted to use my own variables @VAR@ that were
computed in the configure.ac file. By default if you just use
AC_CONFIG_HEADER it does not process @address@hidden

I could not find any instructions, but by trial and error found this
procedure worked in the configure.ac file:

AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h:config.h.tmp])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([config.h.tmp:config.h.in])
AC_OUTPUT

This would process the config.h.in file into a .tmp file, which is then
turned into a config.h file, to be included by the code.

So, the question is perhaps better phrased as:   I am doing something
where there is a better solution for? (apart from having two .h files)

- peter