Re: [Patch] c.m4 - Add Objective C as a language

From: David Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Patch] c.m4 - Add Objective C as a language
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:48:08 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Ping!

* Paul Eggert wrote on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:07:56PM CET:
Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.general/1661

* David M. Lloyd wrote on Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 11:56:04PM CET:
This patch adds AC_PROG_OBJC and friends.

Why was this patch never applied?  Was the paperwork never completed?

We don't have any paperwork from David M. Lloyd, no.  I don't recall
why not.  We can start the paperwork now, if he likes.

Any reaction yet?  For good measure I've Cc:ed a couple of other email
addresses that could refer to the same person.  If that is not the case,
I'm sorry for disturbing you.

I've abandoned this effort years ago... now that Mac OS X uses Objective-C so heavily, it's no doubt a completely new ballgame anyway.

If anyone else wants to take the idea over, go for it.

- D