Re: working toward the next release: freezing?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: working toward the next release: freezing?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:41:03 +0200

Hi Bob,

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 06:29:49PM CEST:
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

[ release plan ]

> >Any reasons against this plan?
>
> There are no possible reasons other than sloth or lack of a volunteer
> to pull the trigger.  It seems that all that is needed is the
> volunteer to pepare the release. :-)

OK.  Then let me reformulate the question into a proposition: please
finish all patches you want in the next release, and bugs you know about
that are critical for the next release soon, preferably now, but in any
case try to do so before next Sunday.  I will try to do so as well.  :-)

Depending on the state of open issues then, I'll prepare an alpha
release then as soon as I can, and we'll see about 2.60 after some
more testing feedback.

FWIW, I won't take that sloth argument.  Not for the last two months, at
least.  ;-)