freezing?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: freezing?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:45:26 +0100

Hello everybody,

Since I posted some test results last week, a few bugs have been fixed,
and a couple of mostly minor issues are still being discussed.

To give us something to focus on, how about the (crazy?) idea to, say,
head for a code freeze after the next weekend (after April 2), for
everything but bugfixes?  Given that we nothing unexpected pops up in
the meantime -- after all, this wine has had about 28 months to ripen
;-)  -- how about an alpha release right then, to get users to test.
And then a stable release a couple of weeks later, unless those pesky
users find more than we're happy to ignore^Wdeal with.  ;->

Any reasons against this plan?