Re: Contributing to autoconf, automake, etc...

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Contributing to autoconf, automake, etc...
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:02:53 -0700

"Ben Bergen" <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like it would be fairly easy to just introduce new language
> defines like PPUC and SPUC, etc...  Does this seem reasonable given
> that two different C/C++ compilers need to be configured at the same
> time?

I suspect so, though I haven't had time to look into it.  (To some
extent you're on your own here, I'm afraid....)

> would I want to define separate pre-processing flags as well, e.g.,
> PPUCPPFLAGS, or should all C/C++ compilers share the same CPPFLAGS?

That depends on how people normally use these tools.  If they
typically use all the same flags then it might make sense to share
them.  My guess is that they won't, but I've never used these tools.