changed from cpp to c, autoconf will not work any more.

From: William Estrada
Subject: changed from cpp to c, autoconf will not work any more.
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:42:41 -0700

Hi guys,

Hope this is the right place for this.

I configured a set of programs to compile using autoconf and automake. Everything worked fine. Then I changed the programs from .cpp to .c filetype. I used this file to rebuild the source tree:

rm -f  config.cache
rm -rf autom4te.cache

rm -f acconfig.h
touch acconfig.h

aclocal
if [ $? != 0 ]; then exit; fi
autoconf
if [ $? != 0 ]; then exit; fi
automake --add-missing -Wall
if [ $? != 0 ]; then exit; fi
configure
if [ $? != 0 ]; then exit; fi
make
if [ $? != 0 ]; then exit; fi

exit

When I try to run this script I get this:

clear;Build

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating src/splat/Makefile
config.status: creating src/usgs2sdf/Makefile
config.status: creating src/citydecoder/Makefile
config.status: creating src/srtm2sdf/Makefile
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src'
Making all in usgs2sdf
make[2]: Entering directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src/usgs2sdf'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src/usgs2sdf'
Making all in splat
make[2]: Entering directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src/splat'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `marker.cpp', needed by `marker.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src/splat'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/Splat/Splat/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have run into this problem before but don't remember how I fixed it in the
past.
I can't find any place in the source tree that references 'marker.cpp'.  But for
some reason it is remembering 'marker.cpp'.

Any help?  Please respond directly to me.

--
William Estrada

Email      : MrUmunhum at popdial dot com
Resume     : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net/resume/william_estrada.html
HTTP       : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net