srcdir relative?

From: Dries Kimpe
Subject: srcdir relative?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:26:48 +0200

  Hi all,

I have a question about the preset output variables srcdir and top_srcdir.

According to the manual:

— Variable: srcdir

    The relative name of the directory that contains the source code for that
makefile.

— Variable: abs_srcdir

    Absolute name of srcdir

However, if I call configure from another directory using an absolute path, both srcdir and top_srcdir get set to an absolute path...

e.g., the source tree is in /source, inside source I create a build directory
/source/build

cd /source/build
/source/build/../configure --config-options

will set both srcdir and top_srcdir to /source/build/..

> autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

  Greetings,
  Dries