Re: autotest appropriated ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autotest appropriated ?
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:48:37 +0200

Hello Thomas,

* Thomas Porschberg wrote on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:22:52AM CEST:

> I have to establish a test system on Unix/Linux systems
> which has to run/test Java, PLSQL, C/C++ and Shell programs.
> Actually it should be able to run a complete test on a (sub)project.

> Is autotest a suitable tool for that task or is there something other
> out there more appropriate ?

Autotest seems the most appropriate if you have many small, independent
tests.  There are quite a few other testsuite tools out there, but for
lack of experience I would not know which ones to suggest.  (DejaGNU
seems quite powerful, for example; the Automake TESTS variable together
with some shell scripts seems the most simplistic.)

> PS.: Are there any examples as introduction available ?

This should provide some: http://www.google.de/search?q=testsuite.at
Otherwise, you could look at the following packages:
Autoconf itself, Libtool (CVS version), M4 (CVS version), bison, tar,
monotone, tidy, ..., earlier answers to this question in this list's
archives:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=autotest&submit=Search%21&idxname=autoconf