Re: Build package with subpackages

From: Sanjaya Ratnaweera
Subject: Re: Build package with subpackages
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:42:22 +0530

Hi Ralf,

    Thanks for the reply.

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hello Sanjaya, Harlan,
>
> * Harlan Stenn wrote on Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:18:31AM CEST:
>
>> You can specify the build order in the SUBDIRS variable, and '.' can be
>> one of the things specified.  By default, . is built first (as I
>> recall).
>>

> It's the other way round: by default, the build order is depth-first,
> i.e., '.' is built last.  See `info Automake Subdirectories'.
>

>> Just put . in the correct place in your SUBDIRS list.
>>

> And use AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS for specifying directories containing
> sub-configure scripts.

The problem is this. I want to run sub-configure scripts before the main one.
But when I put
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS in main configure.ac script it configure the main one first
and then the
sub projects. Is there any way to run configure first before the main one.
Because the main
project depends on sub projects.

Thanks

    ~sanjaya