Re: Question regarding sscanf() vs. off_t and similar

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Question regarding sscanf() vs. off_t and similar
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:53:09 -0700

Philipp Marek <address@hidden> writes:

> But that has to be GNU make?

No.

> Or how would make know that this function is not
> available in libc?

It's not available in libc, or in any other library that I know of, so
that shouldn't be a problem.

> Well, you mean "use this function, if not provided by another library"?

Functions like that also exist in gnulib, but they're checked for by
Autoconf, using the Autoconf macros provided by the functions.

> Of course, that's always possible - but then I'd have to use snapshots of the
> needed functions, which is almost as good as simply including them in my
> sources :-)

Gnulib is designed to be included in your sources; it's not meant to
be used as a separate library.

> It's GPLv2.

That's fine; it's compatible.