autoconf, pkg-config and cross-compiling

From: Chris Ross
Subject: autoconf, pkg-config and cross-compiling
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:00:03 +0000

Dear autoconf gurus,

I'm currently trying to cross-compile gst-python-0.10.5 amongst other things and configure emits the following:

        checking for arm-3d-linux-pkg-config... no
        configure: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect
        cross-tools whose name does not start with the host triplet.
        If you think this configuration is useful to you, please write
        to address@hidden

Actually, this feature is useful to me so as requested I am writing to let you know that. (In the above instance, it has found the wrong pkg-config).

Regards,
Chris R.