Re: config.sub...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: config.sub...
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:43:19 +0100

Hello Ben,

* Ben Bergen wrote on Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:47:33PM CET:

> I am trying to cross compile a program for the IBM cell processor.
[...]
> configure scripts from configure.gnu wrappers passing --host=(ppu or
> spu).  The cross compilers for the cell are ppu-gcc and spu-gcc
> respectively.  Now my problem is that when configure calls config.sub
> for libtool configuration, neither of these prefixes is recognized.

Up to date config.guess and config.sub scripts are found at
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=config>, and proposed changes to
them should be sent to <address@hidden>.  After the changes have
been accepted, the next release of the autotools will contain updated
versions of these files.  In the meantime, you can copy them into your
source trees manually.

Hope that helps.