Re: target triplet

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: target triplet
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:50:37 +0000

I'd say the answer to the original question is it depends on whether or
not the package author looks at that field and does anything with the
information.

I'd suspect the odds are that for anything other than a compiler (and
possibly an assembler or linker) the package author just won't worry
about it.

And if somebody did care enough to act on that particular bit of
information, I'd hope they provided command-line overrides for their
choices, as folks tend to care more about OS-compatibility than CPU
subfamily issues.