RE: libstdc++ on solaris / rpath / gnulib's havelib macros

From: David Byron
Subject: RE: libstdc++ on solaris / rpath / gnulib's havelib macros
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:35:24 -0800

On Friday, February 16, 2007 @ 2:08p, David Byron wrote:

> It seems like checking to see if a non-default CXX is
> being used and setting rpath appropriately would cover it.
> Trouble is, I haven't deciphered enough of
> AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS_BODY to see how get the appropriate flags
> for setting rpath without adding another configure option.
> Any chance someone with sharper m4 skills can help me
> split AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS_BODY so that the stuff below the
> AC_LIB_ARG_WITH invocation is a separate function?

For kicks, I tried

AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS([stdc++])

but I got this error (with extra stuff cut out)

/bin/sh /net/filer/homes/dbyron/src/nimbus/agent/build-aux/missing --run
autoconf
Nested quantifiers in regex; marked by <-- HERE in ^LIBSTDC++ <-- HERE
$|^LTLIBSTDC++$|^LIBSTDC++_PREFIX$|^CPP$|^LTLIBOBJS$/ at
/usr/local/tools/i686_Linux/autotools/bin/autom4te line 572, <GEN18> line
731.

These two lines at the beginning of AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS seem related:

  define([Name],[translit([$1],[./-], [____])])
  define([NAME],[translit([$1],[abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz./-],
                               [ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ___])])

I added conversion from + to _ to get by that, but then I get an error
running configure with the resulting --with-libstdc++-prefix option:

configure: error: invalid package name: libstdc++-prefix

Fishing for ideas...

-DB