Re: OT: cross platform tests? SF compile farm is dead

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: OT: cross platform tests? SF compile farm is dead
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:27:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Guido Draheim wrote:

Thomas Dickey schrieb:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Dalibor Topic wrote:

HP's test drive covers a bunch of platforms. For the rest: qemu,
vmware, aranym, hercules, gxemul, or (least desirable, imho) real
hardware.

It's less than it was (about half the platforms went away last fall).

However it looks promising - especially the breed of compilers and
the hpux/tru64 machines are a nice thing to have. I just signed up

The Tru64 machines aren't there anymore, and most of the HPUX versions
got merged (I haven't sorted it out, but the webpage doesn't give correct
information for the HPUX versions).

Basically they dropped all of the Alpha architecture stuff - which was Tru64.

On the plus side, they did install vendor's compilers for some of the platforms which had only gcc before (though there are some header conflicts which can be a nuisance).

and I'll see to check this out later - thanks for the pointer.