Re: Improved AC_LANG_WERROR

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Improved AC_LANG_WERROR
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:54:32 -0700

Andrey Simonenko <address@hidden> writes:

> What do you think about the following backward compatible changes
> (read updated info for the details)?

I don't see any way with that proposal to temporarily change werror,
then restore it to its previous value.

> I removed m4_divert_text([DEFAULTS], [ac_[]_AC_LANG_ABBREV[]_werror_flag=])
>>From AC_LANG_WERROR.  Is it really needed?

I think so; otherwise the value would be inherited from the environment.

Also, for changes like this it's better to propose a full patch,
with ChangeLog entry, and send it to autoconf-patches.