Re: basic setup: src and include

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: basic setup: src and include
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:41:06 +0200

Hello Roger,

* Roger D Vargas wrote on Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 08:25:43PM CEST:
> I have a project with a very simple directory layout: .cpp goes to src and
> headers goes to include.
> The first problem is that I have to mix libraries configured with a
> lib-config utility and libraries that have a package file. How can I do
> this?

I don't understand what the problem with this is.  Are you to create the
package file etc., or use it?  Most likely the documentation of the
program that creates them can help.

> And the second problem is that I dont know what to put in
> include/Makefile.am, all tutorials I have found uses a simple src layou
> with no separate header directory.

You can use something like
  include_HEADERS = installed_header1.h installed_header2.h ...
  noinst_HEADERS = not_installed_header1.h

but typically not-to-be installed headers are listed alongside with the
.cpp files in the respective *_SOURCES variable.

Hope that helps.