Re: correctly including -lnsl and -lsocket on Solaris without impacting

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: correctly including -lnsl and -lsocket on Solaris without impacting other OS's
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:10:22PM +0000,
address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote
a message of 93 lines which said:

The three specific checks for "Solaris" find the libraries, but
don't set the appropriate HAVE_<function-name> variables in
config.h.

This is what I use (stolen from lynx, according to the comments I've
put in the file) and it seems to work on Solaris, Tru64, NetBSD and
glibc/Linux systems.

just for the record (since autoconf's maintainers in the past have
used material that I've written, but attributed it to someone else,
e.g., the person who comments on this mailing list, I'm the author
of the macros).

hand.

--
Thomas E. Dickey