Re: What about ax_boost_base.m4?

From: Craig Sanders
Subject: Re: What about ax_boost_base.m4?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:13:37 +1000

Hi Paul.

I used the AX_BOOST macros some months ago. From memory, the package is
composed of a number of macros of which AX_BOOST_BASE is the base macro. I was
using the macros under Fedora Core 2 (FC2) with 2 different versions of Boost
installed. One version was the standard version that comes with FC2 (1.30.x I
think), the other was version 1.33.1 which I installed in my home directory.
From memory, I was able to specify which installation of Boost I wanted the
autotools to use and autoconf would find it and work out which version it it
was. If you are like me, you may need to have a bit of a play with these macros
first before you get the hang of how to use them.

>From memory these macros are written and maintained by a guy named Thomas
>Porschberg (I hope I have spelt his name correctly). You should be able to
>find his e-mail address somewhere in the AX_BOOST package. I if recollect
>correctly, he also has a web-site which demonstrates how to use his macros,
>although I can't remember what the URL is for it. You may want to try
>e-mailing Thomas directly if you have any more queries about the macros and
>his package.

Hope this helps.

- Craig Sanders