Re: Darwin universal binaries and LDFLAGS conundrum

From: Martin-Gilles Lavoie
Subject: Re: Darwin universal binaries and LDFLAGS conundrum
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:07:14 -0400

On 24 mai 2007, at 14:54, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

I've learned a few things in the past few days as far as this thing
is concerned.

I can not discuss features of Leopard on this list, you should not
either.

Yeah. So was the extend of the discussed XCode/Leopard features I mentioned, straight from Apple documentation such as this one:

        http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html

Note: On an Intel-based Macintosh system the libraries are already universal, and support the Intel and PowerPC architectures, and you may specify only the -arch i386 -arch ppc options for CFLAGS; on a PowerPC-based Macintosh, you must use the MacOSX10.4u SDK.
(Let's hope Apple legal gets this list's digest :-)

and

        http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

Get ready, get set, get Leopard
All these features and more are delivered to you in one universal, fully accessible, 64-bit operating system. Coming October 2007.

Martin-Gilles Lavoie | Senior software developer | 514.905.8658
Oracle - Macintosh Native Desktop Client, Beehive
600, boul. de Maisonneuve West, Suite 1900 | Montréal (Québec)  H3A 3J2