Does autoconf 2.61 recognise AC_PROG_LIBTOOL?

From: Craig Sanders
Subject: Does autoconf 2.61 recognise AC_PROG_LIBTOOL?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:06:57 +1000

Hello all.

I have just installed automake 1.10 and autoconf 2.61 on my system. I am
developing a package which uses GNU Autotools and the configure.ac file for my
package contains the following line ;

AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

When I run autoconf it complains, giving me the following message ;

configure.ac:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

;

m4_pattern_allow([^AC_PROG_LIBTOOL$])

Now autoconf doesn't complain. But when I run the resulting configure script I
get the following message ;

/home/craig/source_code/c++/src/nana/configure: line 3420: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL:
command not found

The AC_PROG_LIBTOOL macro never used to cause a problem before when I used
earlier versions of autoconf and automake. Have I done something wrong or has
something changed in the latest
version of the Autotools that I should know about?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance for any
help.

- Craig Sanders