Re: FYI webpage update

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: FYI webpage update
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:15:30 -0600

Yavor Doganov wrote:
> I don't mind humor either.  The trouble is that these two "translations"
> are for "languages" that doesn't have ISO code assigned.

True.  [Note that I was of the opinion that although they added
"color" to the page that since they were not being kept up to date
that they should be removed.]

> We have enough complaints already that translated articles don't
> follow the standards (and W3C's rapidly changing ones); furthermore
> -- I find the presence of them at the "Translations" field
> confusing, at least to some of the readers.

They are not really live spoken languages.  Not like Google's
selection of languages that includes Klingon. :-)

  http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/

> The simplest rationale is this: You wouldn't include alt-sc.po in the /po
> directory of your package as a valid translation of the program, right?

Full agreement!

> Just an idea: Create a <h3>Autoconf Humor</h3> and add these links
> in the main content, possibly with other amusing stuff.

That sounds like a wonderful idea.  I liked it so much that even
without further discussion and agreement I went ahead and made that
change to the autoconf web page.  If there is disagreement then the

BTW...  I also noticed some broken anchor tags on that page and fixed
them in passing.

Bob