Re: autoconf building useless configure script on Mac OS X

From: Chris Inacio
Subject: Re: autoconf building useless configure script on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:38:54 -0400

The m4 versions are the same, 1.4.10 on both machines.

The package in its current form isn't released, there are older
versions available.  If I try to rebuild an older version from scratch
(e.g. rerun aclocal, autoheader, libtoolize, automake, and autoconf on
it,) I get a useless configure script for that as well.  It has to be
something environment/executable related.

Here's the output of running configure with sh -x.  I attached all the
request files.  I can ask about posting this version on the list.  Our
software eventually makes it to open source  --- this isn't yet ready
for release though.

I really appreciate the help, I'm totally stumped.

Chris