Configure specific to plugins

From: DexterMagnific
Subject: Configure specific to plugins
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:15:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,

I have an application which uses the autotools and everything is fine.
However, my application supports dynamically loadable plugins, and the
problem is that these plugins are linked against the same libraries as the
whole application. Generally, plugins just need few libraries, not all the
libraries the application itself requires.

For example, my application needs lots of libs (X, Gtk, XML ....), but
protocol plugins need only to be linked against some of them (e.g.
bluetooth, no need for Gtk, XML ...).

How to make configure script generate the right LIBS for the plugins in the
configure.ac file ?

Thanks. SOrry for my English