making autoconf install scripts as well as programs?

From: william estrada
Subject: making autoconf install scripts as well as programs?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 02:09:04 -0700

Hi group,

  I am not sure as to how to ask this question but here it goes.

  I have a suite of programs that I use autoconf to manage.  That works great.
I now wish to add a component that is not a C program but a bash script. My
question is how do I configure 'configure.in' and 'Makefile.am' files?

Any examples I could look at?

My configure.in looks like this:

AC_INIT
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(VMS,1.0)
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_PROG_MAKE_SET

ALSA_LIBS="-lasound"

LIBS="$LIBS $ALSA_LIBS"

AC_SUBST(ALSA_LIBS)

AC_OUTPUT([
           Makefile
           src/Makefile
           src/record/Makefile
           src/player/Makefile ])

The main Makefile.am looks like this:

# Makefile.am

INCLUDES       = -I$(top_srcdir)/include

EXTRA_DIST     = BUGS ChangeLog.O README

SUBDIRS        = src

AM_CPPFLAGS = @STRIP_BEGIN@ \
              -I$(top_srcdir)/include \
              @STRIP_END@

I would like to put the scripts under src/scripts.

Thanks for your time.

--
William Estrada
address@hidden