Re: buildbot for m4 latest git version

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: buildbot for m4 latest git version
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:53:06 -0700

Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Bob Proulx on 11/12/2007 11:17 AM:
> >   http://buildbot.proulx.com:9004/
>
> It looks like this buildbot is building coreutils, not m4.

Oops!  Of course you are right.  How embarrassing!  I got caught by
the cut-n-paste anti-pattern.

I think I have it fixed now.  Please peek at it again.

> > And one for autoconf here:
> >   http://buildbot.proulx.com:9003/
>
> This one looks a bit better; but why is the testsuite claiming to be
> version 2.61a.g0cb7, rather than something like 2.61a.265-0cb7?

The output of git-describe is:

  $ git describe --abbrev=4 HEAD
  v2.61a-g0cb7

This is git 1.4.4.4 in Debian stable.  Apparently there has been an
output format change between it and the latest git sources of git.

If possible I would prefer not to have to rebuild the *entire*
operating system from bleeding edge sources.  :-)

Bob