checking arguments of type --with- and --enable- passed to configure

From: Sherwood, P \(Paul\)
Subject: checking arguments of type --with- and --enable- passed to configure
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:02:00 -0000

Hi,

I have an application for which the configure command should
accept a variety of --with-package and --enable-feature
arguments. I am using (I think) the correct macros to process
these.

I would like to know if there is a recommended way of checking
if any incorrect --with or --enable arguments have been given,
it is quite easy to mis-spell or to use --with when --enable
was needed.

I used to have a block of code to do this explicity checking the
contents of $* but since autoconf 2.60 $* contains the following:
 /usr/local/share/config.site /usr/local/etc/config.site

Is there any way to check the args using macros, or if not,
to access them in a way that is is independent ofautoconf version.

thanks,

Paul

Dr Paul Sherwood,           email:  address@hidden
STFC Daresbury Lab,         tel:    +44-1925-603553
Warrington,                 fax:    +44-1925-603634
WA4 4AD,  UK.               http:   http://www.cse.stfc.ac.uk