Platform-specific "clean" targets?

From: Jay Levitt
Subject: Platform-specific "clean" targets?
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:51:43 -0500

This may not be an autoconf question, but it seems like a good place to start, at least...

On Stratus VOS, core files are not called "core"; they are called "[executable_name].kp". Is there something I can do in config.site (or somewhere else) that will propagate through autoconf to add this to the average autoconf/automake project's "clean" target - ideally at "configure" time, not autoconf or automake time? The clean-local target seems to be for project-specific targets, not platform-specific targets, and I'm not sure how to affect it from config.site anyway.

I think the answer's probably "no"...

Jay Levitt