A new autoconf release needed to fix mktime integer overflow

From: Ismail Dönmez
Subject: A new autoconf release needed to fix mktime integer overflow
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:05:50 +0200

Hi all,

Regarding the mktime integer overflow [0] it seems that no released autoconf
version fixes this and I think this is bad. Initial investigation shows that
many projects' configure files still use the old mktime time, which makes
sense because people use autoconf 2.61 which is the latest stable autoconf
release.

So I wonder, shouldn't there be a new autoconf stable release with mktime fix
so that we can get people to regenerate their configure files with that
autoconf. Currently people either should use their custom fixed mktime.m4 or
should use autoconf from GIT. I don't think those are plausible.

What do you guys think about this?

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2006-12/msg00084.html

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.