Re: SUBDIRS and AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: SUBDIRS and AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:33:27 +0100

Hello Kamaljit,

* Kamaljit Singh wrote on Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:15:03PM CET:
> Currently I have all the SUBDIRS set in specific Makefile.am's as well as I
> have
> the same subdirs' Makefile specified in AC_CONFIG_FILES in the configure.ac.
>
> Is there some better way to avoid specifying the same information twice ?
> Maybe an AC macro that can recursively extract this information from
> the Makefile.am given the root ?  Or some other niftier way ?

For simple setups without subpackages (AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS) you
can just do something like this:

  ( echo 'AC_CONFIG_FILES(['
    find . -name Makefile.am | sed '/\/\.svn\//d; s|^\./||'
    echo '])'
  ) >> configure.ac

And no, I don't know of an Autoconf/Automake way to do this.
The double mentioning is to allow non-Automake, non-Autoconf
generated Makefiles in subdirectories.