Re: Portable method to change sysconfdir

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Re: Portable method to change sysconfdir
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:45:53 +0100

Stephen Torri wrote:
I am looking for a portable method that will allow me to change the
location of files installed into the sysconfir ($prefix/etc). Right now
my Makefile.am contains:

dist_sysconf_DATA = \
        db_config.xml \
        file_config.xml \
        memory_config.xml

I want to install them to a named sub-directory in $prefix/etc. Also I
would like to have a entry made into config.h giving this location as
well or a flag used by the preprocessor. This way the program knows
where the default directory is to start looking for the configuration
files.
I've had a similar question:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2007-06/msg00003.html

There are a couple ways of doing it, I was convinced to define
 AM_CFLAGS = -DSYSCONFDIR=\"$(sysconfdir)\"
in the Makefile.am. Then my code uses that define. It never made it into config.h

Stephen