Fwd: [autoconf] Re: autoconf - threads [paraller] - multicore CPUs

From: litlle girl
Subject: Fwd: [autoconf] Re: autoconf - threads [paraller] - multicore CPUs
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:21:04 +0200

2008/7/23 <address@hidden>:

> How do you split existing configure into 2 parts:
> configrue1 and configure2?

Yes, this can be a problem, you're right.

But what about second idea: in ./configure
odd commands run normally
and even with &
Last 3 (5?) commands run normally to have sure that tasks at second core
have beed ended.
Then gather the results from subtask.

> A multi-thread or SMP programmer have to divide
> a task into parallelly-executable subtasks and
> define the point to gather the results from subtask.
>

> But how could we detect the independent task in sh script?
sh scrips not depending on each other we can run at separate cores, am I
wrong?
How to gather the results?
put results from each sh scripts into: the array or separate files (and
include them later?)

Regs,
LLG