Re: Autoconf and 64-bit Systems

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Autoconf and 64-bit Systems
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:35:53 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Paul Elliott wrote:

All of the .rpm based distros that I use recommend putting
./configure --libdir=%_libdir .....

in the .spec file. %_libdir is is /usr/lib or /usr/lib64

It seems that this is not quite enough logic. For example, I noticed in a log that a user sent to me that due to a rule like this, and default compiler operation, 32-bit libraries were installed in /usr/lib64. Any advice for how to do this correctly is appreciated.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn