How to check the size of pthread_t?

From: Vasil Dimov
Subject: How to check the size of pthread_t?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:47:49 +0200

Hello list,

I am trying to create an autoconf script that does check the size of pthread_t,
but I am experiencing some troubles in the way.

To be precise, what I need is a macro like SIZEOF_PTHREAD_T, similar to
SIZEOF_LONG. The problem is that pthread.h must be included in the test program
and it must be linked with the OS-dependent -pthread or -lpthread or
whatever flag
the OS is using to link against the POSIX threads library.

Can anyone send me a quick snippet of autoconf magic how to achieve this?

Thank you!

--
Vasil Dimov