autotest: default values for AT_PACKAGE_NAME etc

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: autotest: default values for AT_PACKAGE_NAME etc
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:12:18 +0200

Possible stupid question, but could someone explain, why required
macros (at least such my impression from reading the Autoconf info)
like AT_PACKAGE_NAME, AT_PACKAGE_VERSION, AT_PACKAGE_BUGREPORT are
required to be defined by user while they can be defaulted from the
AC_PACKAGE_NAME, AC_PACKAGE_VERSION, AC_PACKAGE_BUGREPORT, and so
on?..

Or I'm not required to define these macros in the package.m4 indeed,
and, possible, to generate package.m4 at all?  My tryings show that
required, but may be I missed something...

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>