Re: problem with ifelse

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: problem with ifelse
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:33:33 +0100 (CET)

Hey,

thanks for all the typo. Unfortunately, we want to support old versions of the autotools, so i will have to check that the m4 macro are not too recent.

The problem is with

ifelse([$2], [no] *****)

Whatever the 2nd parameter is ("yes" or "no"), it seems that the test
always fails. I try with m4_if, without success too.

Without an explanation of what you think is failing, I'm assuming that it
was the fact that DOWN wasn't always expanded where you wanted it.  But
explaining that, or else showing what failure you are actually
encountering compared to your expectations, would make it easier to know
that I'm helping.

For me, ifelse([$2], [no], [part1], [part2]) executes part1 if $2 is the same than the string "no", and executes part2 otherwise. But whatever the value of $2 is (in my cases, $2 is "yes" or "no", it is always part2 that is executed.

Vincent