Re: Multiple different configured projects in one dir

From: LCID Fire
Subject: Re: Multiple different configured projects in one dir
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:18:39 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Since Autoconf has very little code specific for such situations, there
are also very little requirements.  Basically all it provides is a way
to set a canonical string for $target, and to check for tools with a
`$target-' prefix in case --target was passed.  This in itself does not
require separated builds.  However, please look at how GCC does cross
setups.
Okay what I did is have a configuration both in the root -A- directory and in some subdirectory -B- which works quite well. Directory -A- contains an app which should be cross compiled (via gcc). There I'd configure the --host. Directory -B- contains a bison/flex which is used by compilation in Directory -A- to generate object code for the host platform. And I'm kind of at a loss how to handle the bison/flex part...