Re: Multiple different configured projects in one dir

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Multiple different configured projects in one dir
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:40:29 +0200

Hello,

* LCID Fire wrote on Thu, May 28, 2009 at 07:18:39PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >Since Autoconf has very little code specific for such situations, there
> >are also very little requirements.  Basically all it provides is a way
> >to set a canonical string for $target, and to check for tools with a
> >`$target-' prefix in case --target was passed.  This in itself does not
> >require separated builds.  However, please look at how GCC does cross
> >setups.
> Okay what I did is have a configuration both in the root -A-
> directory and in some subdirectory -B- which works quite well.
> Directory -A- contains an app which should be cross compiled (via
> gcc). There I'd configure the --host.
> Directory -B- contains a bison/flex which is used by compilation in
> Directory -A- to generate object code for the host platform. And I'm
> kind of at a loss how to handle the bison/flex part...

I'd try to have one subdirectory with a sub configure script which you'd
call but without the --host parameter (or, if --build was passed to the
toplevel, then I'd just add --host=$build_alias to the arguments of the
sub configure script).  In the sub package, build the bison and flex
outputs, then in the toplevel, use them for further stuff you're
building.

Hope that helps.