Re: autoconf test suite: 27 failed

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: autoconf test suite: 27 failed
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:35:12 +0000 (UTC)

Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger <at> TMF-Group.com> writes:

> Any help/tips/tricks that can be given to find out what's going wrong and why?

Thanks for the report.

> automake (GNU automake) 1.11

Your newer automake installation explains the failure.

> +112a113
> +>                         'AM_SILENT_RULES' => 1,

Automake 1.11 traces a new macro that was not previously traced by older
automake versions.  I guess this gives more emphasis to the need to release
autoconf 2.64 soon.  Meanwhile, it is not a bug in autoconf 2.63, so that is
still safe to install.

--
Eric Blake